Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2015

Annual end of the year book survey | Part 1





Hey there, lovelies! ♥
I'm back, today in english and with something I definietly wanted to start before 2015's over. And since the end is near, I wanted to start with Part 1 of this book survey, started by The Perpetual Page-Turner and found by Kueckibooks!

Let's begin.



Number Of Books You Read: This year I read a total of 70 books (December 30th) and I'm relatively proud of that.
Number of Re-Reads: Okay, here it comes... I only reread one book this year and that was because I wanted to binge-read it with the rest of its series. *shame on me*
Genre You Read The Most From: I guess that must be Contemporary, followed by Fantasy. I'm not good at guessing the genre, so maybe I'm wrong







1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

This is so hard guys, seriously. But I'll name more than one, different genres of course!

Contemporary: Du neben mir und zwischen uns die ganze Welt - Nicola Yoon
Fantasy: Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
Dystopia: Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard
Drama: We were Liars - E. Lockart
German: Die magische Gondel - Eva Völler

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
That was definietly "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R.R Martin. I loved the first season but the book, in my opinion, was too long and boring. But that also could've been because I read it in german and watch the series in english. I don't know.
 

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  We were Liars! The beginning was so beautiful and then there was this huge plot twist I never expected. This book rocked my world and left me in tears.

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? 
I don't know if I really pushed people into reading a certain book, but if that's true it must have been "To all the Boys I've loved before" by Jenny Han. Seriously, this book is just too cute ♥

 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

 The best series I started this year is definietly Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I never thought i would like it but I certainly did. A review is coming soon! | Since I don't want to name a Vampire Academy novel again just yet I decided on "P.S I still love you" by Jenny Han as best sequel. Even this is also a series ender but you don't care, do you? | I didn't finish many series this year but one of those was the Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angelini. The last book "Göttlich verliebt" had me head over heals and I still can't believe that it's already over. Lucas + Helen forever!

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

 Richelle Mead again here. I just love how she interwines fantasy, action and humour without that big a lovestory. Amazing.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

 For this category I need to name "Ein Geheimnis" by Phillipe Grimbert. I had to read it for my french class (Yes, I read it in german ;D) and I really enjoyed it.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

 I don't really read Action Books, so I'm going for the unputdownable part of this question. I devoured "Play with me" my Anna Katmore in one sitting, simply because the story was so light and the characters so, so loveable.

 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

 Vampire Academy for the win! No, jk. Even if I'm probably going to reread that one I will surely reread, or at least try to, "Du neben mir und zwischen uns die ganze Welt" but this time hopefully in english.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

 That's unfair! How am I supposed to pick just one? I guess I'm going for "Red Queen" by Victoria Aveyard here. The cover is relatively simple but beautiful nontheless.

11. Most memorable character of 2015?

 And the questions keep getting more difficult to answer... I think I'm going for Rose Hathaway here. Yes, Vampire Academy, I know. But she's loyal to her best friend and one of the sassiest characters I've ever read about this year.

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

 I keep repeating but I just have to pick "We were Liars" here. Don't believe me? Just read the first page of this heartbreaker and I swear you're caught.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

That, i guess, was "Falling into Place" by Amy Zhang. That book dealt with the hard issue of suicide but did so in a beautiful, yet thought-proviking way.

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

That must have been "Die Herren von Winterfell" by George R.R Martin. Even if I didn't like it that much, it was still the book that was adapted into one of my favourite TV-Shows and I'm glad that I tried at least.

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015? 
There are probably way too many quotes to name every single one of them but here are three that definietly are way too beautiful not to share:

“If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s this: We all want everything to be okay. We don’t even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
—David Levithan, Every Day
“But if I’m it, the last of my kind, the last page of human history, like hell I’m going to let the story end this way…Because if I am the last one, then I am humanity. And if this is humanity’s last war, then I am the battlefield.”
—Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave
“Because Margo knows the secret of leaving, the secret I have only just now learned; leaving feels good and pure only when you leave something important, something that mattered to you. Pulling life out by the roots. But you can’t do that until your life has grown roots.”
—John Green, Paper Towns
 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
My longes book of the year was "After Passion" by Anna Todd with a nice 704 pages, whereas the shortest book "Feinde mit gewissen Vorzügen" by Amelie Murmann only had a good 73. 

Huge difference. I know.


 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

"We were Liars" owns that title! This plot twist caught me off-guard, I still can't believe what the author did there.



18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

 Again, way too many..
I'm going to name my Top 5 Here without any particular Order:
Rose and Dimitri (Vampire Academy) | Mare and Cal (Red Queen) | Lucas and Helen (Göttlich) | Lara Jean and Peter (To all the boys I've loved before) | Anna and Etienne St. Clair (Anna and the french kiss) 



19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Blue and the Raven Boys from "Wen der Rabe ruft" by Maggie Stiefvater. Even though she is in a relationship with one of them they are a good team.



20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Misty Falls by Joss Sterling! I was so happy to read about this amazing world again, and I'm looking forward to the sequel!


21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

I guess that was The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. By the time I read it, the movie was already on its way and everybody kept reading it. And it was definietly worth it. This book is so quirky, funny and cute, read it if you haven't!


22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

Again, I'm going to cheat a little :D
Dimitri Belikov | Peter Kavinsky | Wesley Rush | Etienne St. Clair | Evan Walker 
 

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

Probably The Jewel by Amy Ewing. It was fast-paced and I need to pick up the sequel as soon as possible!


24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. No group should be harassed for skin coulour/ colour of blood. No one!



25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Sorry guys, but Vampire Academy again here. Simply because of Roses' humour :D



26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
We were Liars almost made me cry on bus but I didn't. I mean I did at home, but not in public :D



27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Not many people have read Ein Geheimnis by Phillipe Grimbert. It's set in France a few years after WWII and it's so good and full of, well, secrets. 



28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Well, um, We were Liars? I'm sorry but that book is definietly a heartbreaker!



29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
I have to go for Du neben mir und zwischen uns die ganze Welt by Nicola Yoon again. The story, the illustrations, the characters. This book is a true masterpiece.
Another one, second likely to win this title is Das unvollendete Leben der Addison Stone by Adele Griffin. This book is sure to keep a piece of your heart after you closed it. 



30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Um, probably Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski. i've heard so many good thingsabout this series but the main character was so annoying and made it hard for me to get into the story. I'm still thinking about not finishing the series..



So, that was it. My last post of 2015 and also my first stat. More stats are about to come, so do some reviews I can't wait to share with you guys. i wish you an incredible New Year's Eve and a good beginning to 2016. How are you celebrating?
Do you know any of my named books?

Love,
Lea ♥ 

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?


 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?


 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?


 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?


7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?


11. Most memorable character of 2015?


 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?


13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?


 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 


 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?


How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this yeaer that was the shortest and longest.

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year


20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously


21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:


22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?


23. Best 2015 debut you read?


24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?


25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?


26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?


27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?


30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

- See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpuf


































































































Number Of Books You Read:

Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpuf
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpuf
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpuf
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpufanxldmckldckdwc
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpu
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpufknwd
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpuf

Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From:


best-YA-books-2014

- See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpuf

Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From:


best-YA-books-2014

- See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpuf
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.v0qAG8bZ.dpuf

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Danke für dein Kommentar ♥
Ich werde versuchen es schnellstmöglich zu beantworten!